Monday, May 10, 2010

Jet Lagged


Finally- in London and settled in.

Sunday:
After traveling for literally 24 hours straight, I arrived at our flats. They're very nice and have a beautiful floor length window, giving us a great view of part of the London scene.

We explored for a little bit. Grocery stores are crazy!! There are people running around and the brands, well, there's really nothing to compare it too
in the states. I got a few essentials and figured I will try to master the Tesco later this week. After that, we went to a quiet little Italian restaurant thanks to the J-school! We then basically went straight to bed because we couldn't move another step.


Monday:

This morning we toured around the city. We got to see all the sites on the bus and got to walk around buckingham palace and watch the changing of the guard. However, I'm looking forward to spending more time and experiencing all the history London has to offer.


We then met with Anglo America and had an orientation about how to be safe in the city and about if we ruin anything in apartment we're dead.

**INTERESTING FACT: pepper spray is illegal to carry in London!**

Tonight, we went to Phantom of the Opera. My grandma still talks about how she saw it when she was in London around 20ish years ago (I think, I know that it's been a long time). It was absolutely amazing. We ended up getting 10th row seats. The singing was stunning and the set was absolutely remarkable and complex. I want to see it again!!

That's all for tonight. Internship in the morning. Let's see if I really have mastered the Tube.





No comments:

Post a Comment