Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mastering the Tube


This morning I walked into the tube station made it to my interchange at Kings Cross. Then the dreaded news over the crackly intercom- Piccadilly line is shut down after Green Park....

Great. and the British accent didn't make it sound any better.

I can't get to my internship and I only have 40 minutes to get there.

I had to run across the station, get back on the other side and get on the circle line. I then had to interchange again and ask for directions to the right platform. But I made it to my train just in time! However, I learned that the circle line likes
to stop randomly throughout its course for random 5 minute spurts. After I got out of Kensington South station, I couldn't find a
ny street signs, but I asked a couple natives to point me in the direction of Harrods.

I walked into my internship an hour late....but so did other people! So it was no problemo.

Lesson of the day: Today I learned how to find my way from South Kensington, found the Grace Kelly exhibit, and also found how to get to Green Park Station! I'm mastering the Tube one day at a time!!


I'm loving my internship and enjoying learning British slang and pop culture. Also, I like talking about how the US is going to dominate England. I can't help it that last time England won the World Cup was in like 1966, and they only have about a 60% winning average. Even though I think Bob Bradley (the US coach) is completely mental for not taking Charlie Davies, I think we stand a chance. We'll have to see, but I could see there being a big upset in the office!

Plans for tomorrow:
Shopping on Oxford and maybe some window shopping on Brompton!



Antique Market on Oxford Street


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment