Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Oranges, Knickers, and Fist bumps


Current state: sick in bed.

Thus, giving me time to stop running around like a crazy person and be a better blogger.

Last week I got to check off one of the most important items on my London to-do list. I got to have high afternoon tea at the Orangery in Kensington Gardens. When I was in London three years ago with my family, it was one of my favorite places that we went.

It was the perfect day. Early morning shopping on portobello road. We met a fashion designer who was absolutely insane, but we ended up talking to her for a good half hour. We learned many things from that conversation. She let us know that she did not enjoy fat and ignorant
americans, multiple times. The new york times is not a national paper, but
a local paper. Also the most important thing that we need to get in Paris was sexy French knickers. Additionally on the plus side Parisian boys might stare at us on public transportation. Not leering, but stare at you because they appreciate you. "Alice", as we later decided to name her was one of the most colorful people I've met in London. Her shop is full of scarves, tops and jackets with literally every color you could ever imagine. Alice was a traditionally 60s girl, literally, and she kept insisting it too. She believed that you should be able to express your true personality through your clothing. Might be stopping back for a little shopping trip.

our absolutely fabulous lunch

The Orangery still has kept up it's beautiful and classy self. Kamilla, Meagan and I enjoyed having finger sandwiches, the best biscuit I ever ate in my entire life with homemade raspberry jam, and the best fruit tart I've ever had.

pouring my delicious orange tea (takes major skill)

Sitting in the middle of Kensington Gardens, the Orangery is full of life and beauty with it's historic looks from inside and out. It was one of the first times since I've be
en in London that I was completely relaxed and calm. No rush to get to a museum or an exhibit, to purchase before the store closed, to be tightly stacked together on a tube car like a game a tetris. It was just completely and utterly peaceful.

We also had a little time to explore Kensington gardens, where we stumbled upon one of the most BEAUTIFUL gardens I have ever seen. Even more beautiful than
all the colors in the fabrics of Alice's shop.

I finally got to see my favorite flower- tulips!!

I think the picture speaks for itself.

We then went exploring at the British Museum. We couldn't believe how much history was right in the heart of London. We learned about ancient rome, greece, the egyptians and so much more.

We were also a little hyper after our dessert at the Orangery as you can see...I made the biggest epic fist bump known to man kind.

Meagan also got the biggest Snookie punch to the face of all time....



As you can see.... we're having a blast in London.

Goal: Will continue to update daily even when not sick.

For now, time to rest my feet a little bit. Got a lot more running to do in order to get to everything for the last 6 weeks.

Count down: Paris is in 4 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment